President Donald Trump, fresh from selling a so-called “Platinum Plan” for Black America to drum up votes, might need to address a claim made by a United Kingdom news outlet. According to the report, Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign database listed millions of Black voters as “deterrence” in the file.
The UK’s Channel 4 has much more:
In 16 key battleground states, millions of Americans were separated by an algorithm into one of eight categories, also described as ‘audiences’, so they could then be targeted with tailored ads on Facebook and other platforms.
One of the categories was named ‘Deterrence’, which was later described publicly by Trump’s chief data scientist as containing people that the campaign “hope don’t show up to vote”.
Analysis by Channel 4 News shows Black Americans – historically a community targeted with voter suppression tactics – were disproportionately marked ‘Deterrence’ by the 2016 campaign.
In total, 3.5 million Black Americans were marked ‘Deterrence’.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
If we’re to understand Channel 4’s reporting, the “deterrence” category was comprised of more than just Black voters and was used to group together a number of people the campaign felt weren’t civically engaged or wanted them to be just outside the process.
As Channel 4 also notes, the digital campaign, titled “Project Alamo” was based in San Antonio, Texas, and was staffed by members of Cambridge Analytica, a British company no longer in existence.
President Trump, who has publicly decried recent reports regarding his tax returns, has not commented on Channel 4’s claims.
- Prayers Up For Savoi Wright: Black Man Wrongfully Arrested In Venezuela, Family Says
- Justice For Brittany Watts: Black Woman Charged For Allegedly Disposing Of Fetus After Miscarriage
- T.I.’s Former Lawyer Set To Defend Donald Trump In Georgia
- My First Time: Victoria Monét Reflects On Bringing Home Her ‘GRAMMY Baby’ Hazel
- ‘Raising Kanan’ Showrunner Sascha Penn Talks About Season 3’s New Villain, Keeping The Momentum Going & More
- Jacksonville Shooting Victims’ Families Sue Dollar General, Racist Shooter’s Parents
- Buckeyes Star RB Miyan Williams Declares for NFL Draft
- Lawsuit To Target ‘Extremely Aggressive’ Georgia Cop Who Killed Leonard Cure, Exonerated And Unarmed Black Man
- What Is “Rizz?” The Story Behind Oxford’s Word Of The Year For 2023
- Jig’s Up 4 Juicy?: Jussie Smollett Loses Hoax Appeal, Jail Sentence Upheld
Platinum Plan President Trump’s 2016 Campaign Allegedly Listed Black Voters As “Deterrence” was originally published on hiphopwired.com
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Buckeyes Star RB Miyan Williams Declares for NFL Draft
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Two Crazy Grandma's Fight While Daughter Gives Birth