A Columbus family is demanding answers and justice after a Franklin County Deputy shot and killed 23-year-old Casey Goodson Jr. during an encounter in North Columbus.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputies were working with US Marsha’s Southern Ohio Fugitive Task Force searching for a subject in the area of Estate Place in Northeast Columbus. According to reports, the US Marshal has completed its work when a man identified as Goodson drove past waving a gun causing the deputy to confront him. According to the police, during the confrontation, Goodson exited his car and was shot by the deputy.
According to the attorneys representing the family, Goodson was shot three times in the back as he entered his home. The mother of Goodson told ACB6, “Police shot him in the back three times through the door.” She also stated that he has never been in trouble and had a license to carry a concealed weapon. The officer involved has been identified as Deputy Jason Meade who is a 17-year veteran at the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The incident is being investigated by the Columbus Police Department and the Franklin County prosecutor’s office. The family of Goodson is demanding justice and a transparent investigation. A statement was made on behalf of the family from Walton + Brown, LLP.
- Wrongfully Convicted Cleveland Men To Sue Cops Who Arrested Them
- Akron Zoo Helps Brings Back This Extinct Species To Tahiti
- Monica Proves Blondes Have More Fun With Bold New Do
- Zoleka Mandela, Nelson Mandela’s Granddaughter Dies Of Cancer At 43
- More Than 1000 Kids Reported Missing In Ohio This Year, Per Report
- Facial Recognition Lawsuits Spotlights How AI Is Weaponized Against Black People
- Ohio Football Coach Resigns After Using ‘Nazi’ Plays In Game
- Alabama Court Appointee Submits Proposals For New Black Voting District
- Dame Dash On Fair Pay For Content Creators, Hip Hop Turning 50 and More
- WGA Reaches Deal With Studios, Streamers To End Writers Strike
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
EN VOGUE SETTLE LAWSUIT, TWO MEMBERS LOSE NAME RIGHTS
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL CONTEST
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Jeezy Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mai, X Chimes In With Thoughts
Listen To Magic On Your Amazon Echo