The announcement is disappointing but no surprise after the continual rising COVID-19 rates throughout the country. Michigan, like other football teams, has been dealing with a rise in COVID-19 cases with student-athletes causing them to quarantine. Warde Manuel, University of Michigan’s Donald R. Shepherd Director of Athletics was quoted saying, “We have not been cleared to participate in practice at this time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to field a team due to COVID-19 positives and the associated quarantining required of close contact individuals. This decision is disappointing for our team and coaches but their health and safety is paramount, and it will always come first in our decision-making.”
Missing this game could take Ohio State out of title game eligibility, but the BIG 10 announced that the eligibility rule is being considered for change due. If this rule is changed Ohio State could stay eligible for the championship or a bowl game.
Ohio State tweeted their response to the cancelation that was exactly like ours…
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win 1K Daily from Rickey Smiley and Keyshia Cole
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — February 26, 2021: Biden Visits Texas — Black Women Recognized — Coronavirus Update
- QAnon Shaman Says Trump Pardoning Lil Wayne Made Him Question Loyalty
- The Beauty Of Little Africa: The History of Black Wall Street
- Eddie Murphy Details His Iconic Basketball Match Against Prince
- Chloe x Halle “Ungodly Hour,” Chanel West Coast ft. Anaya Lovenote & Salma Slim “Eazy” & More | Daily Visuals 2.25.21
- Dr. Dre Has Requested A Trial To Decide If His Prenup Is Valid
- Rep. Maxine Waters Honoring ‘The Audacity’ Of Megan The Stallion’s Single ‘WAP’
- OHIO: High School Seniors Can Take Part in End-of-Schoolyear Events in 2021!
- Rest In Power Haroun Wakil: Atlanta Activist Who Promoted Community Policing Dies
- OHIO: More Stores Added to List of Locations for COVID-19 Vaccine