Just days ago Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther made history by appointing Elaine Bryant as Chief of the Columbus Police Department. Bryant comes to Columbus with a 21-year career and will be the first black woman to hold this position in the capital city.
Chief Bryant sat down with Urban One’s Stowe and talked about her plans for the city of Columbus, how she became a police officer, raising her black sons, what she needs from the people of Columbus, and more. Watch this exclusive interview below.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Accuser Spoke Out Against Nicki Minaj and Her Husband On The Real [VIDEO]
- ‘Failure For Our Democracy’: Senate Fails To Advance Police Reform Dropping The Ball On George Floyd Justice In Policing Act
- Dru Hill Is Calling Boyz II Men, Jagged Edge And More To Battle In Verzuz [VIDEO]
- Slur-Happy Country Star Morgan Wallen Falls Short On $500K Apology For Using N-Word
- He’s Back! Eddie Murphy Set To Star In 3 Films For Amazon, Lands First-Look Deal
- ‘Back To The Ballot Box’: Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote Launches National Voter Registration Week of Action
- Melvin Van Peebles, Director And The ‘Godfather Of Black Cinema’ Passes Away At 89
- Teyana Taylor Announces Farewell Tour ‘The Last Rose Petal’
- What’s Trending? Is Drake The New Michael Jackson?! [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Guess Who’s Joining The New Cast of RHOA + More On AJ Johnson’s Death [WATCH]