According to NBC4i, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has died at the age of 24.
The team reports his death was due to an apparent head injury suffered during a fall.
Novi, Michigan police Lt. Jason Meier tells The Associated Press a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Meier says Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Jelani Day’s Mother Wants Her Son To Get The Same Attention As Gabby Petito
- A new STEM school in Columbus teaching Coding
- After Horrific Photos Surface, Black Leaders Demand President Biden Take Action For Asylum Seekers Now
- Angela Simmons & CURLS Partner For New Natural Hair Collection Called ‘The Hair Under There’
- Stephen King Calls Out Moscow Mitch on Twitter
- For The 1st Time In 15 Years The Fugees Are Going On Tour
- A Lot of Celebrities Are Calling For World Leaders to End the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wendy Williams Brother Say’s That She Is In ‘Stable’ Condition [VIDEO]
- Front Page News: Border Patrol In Texas Attempt To Remove Haitians With Whips On Horses [WATCH]
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’