According to a press release from Columbus.gov, today special prosecutor Kathleen Garber and independent investigator Rick Wozniak filed additional charges against one Columbus Police officer already charged for alleged misconduct during protest activity in 2020.
The charges filed today against Officer Traci Shaw are one count each of Assault (M-1), Interference with Civil Rights (M-1), and Dereliction of Duty (M-2). These charges stem from the same incident on May 30, 2020 that resulted in Shaw being charged on June 9, 2021.
The new charges, which mirror the charges previously filed against Shaw, are the result of further investigation, which identified a fourth person who was pepper sprayed by Shaw.
Investigations remain open with respect to unidentified officers, unidentified victims, as well as in those events that involve witness officers who have not yet been interviewed, pending an arbitration decision.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ginther urges ‘see something, say something’ as Columbus murder rate hits new record
- Former OSHP trooper found guilty of sex crimes is sentenced
- OHSAA releases schedule for high school football state championships
- T.I. Spreads Misinformation Claiming An Atlanta Mayoral Candidate Wants To Destroy The City’s Nightlife
- City: No plans to rescind Columbus’ indoor face mask mandate
- Gabrielle Union Steps Out In This Gorgeous Lime-Green Ball Gown At The 2021 Fashion Awards
- Tiffany Haddish And Common Reportedly Call It Quits After A Year Of Dating
- New Minnesota Task Force Will Study ‘Root Causes’ Of Violence Against Black Women
- Trey Songz Involved In Las Vegas Sexual Assault Investigation: Report
- Fans React To Porsha’s Juicy Spin-Off Series With Simon Guobadia