With the latest resurge of COVID-19 numbers wreaking havoc in Central Ohio it should come to no surprise that some schools are shifting to remote learning to kick of the new year.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Columbus City Schools posted on their website that eight schools in the district would not be returning o in person classes due to staffing absences. The message on their site read as follows,
“Due to a high number of staff absences, a total of nine schools will transition to remote learning tomorrow, Monday, January 3. The following schools will NOT hold in-person classes on Monday:
Duxberry Park Elementary
Johnson Park Middle
Linden McKinley STEM 7-12
South High 7-12
West Mound Elementary
Staff at these nine schools are expected to report on site for their normal work schedule.
Additionally, due a partial heating outage in the building, Valley Forge Elementary School will transition to remote learning tomorrow, Monday, January 3. The school will NOT hold in-person classes on Monday. Teachers and staff at Valley Forge are expected to report on site for their normal work schedule.
The remainder of CCS schools will be in person and operate on their normal bell schedules on Monday, January 3.”
Reynoldsburg City Schools also issued a letter to parent’s over the weekend breaking the news that several grade levels will be shifting to remote learning.
“As we prepare to welcome students back to school for the second semester, we, like other school districts across the nation, have been monitoring the rising cases of the Omicrom (sic) variant of COVID-19 and we are still being impacted by the national shortage of bus drivers,”
Preschool classes will be remote while high school students will be “synchronous learning” to attend a live class remotely. Students K-8 will resume normal in person learning. To read the. letter in its entirety click here.
- Scottie Pippen Says Michael Jordan “Was A Horrible Player” [AUDIO]
- Fruit Of The Loom X Southwest Launches Limited Edition Luxury Collection
- Store Owner Killing Black Teen Mirrors The Worst Stereotypes In Black-Asian Relations
- I-76 Road Rage Shooting Suspect Arrested
- Tia Mowry Begins ‘A New Era’ With A Short Pixie Cut
- Kansas Man Charged For Threatening Black Folks With A Gun At A Wichita Gas Station
- Black TikToker Goes Viral After Calling White Women ‘One Of The Most Dangerous Groups In The U.S.’
- Davido Breaks Down His ‘Timeless’ New Album Title And HBCU Beginnings
- Kiki and Fat Tasha Call in While Bathing at the Car Wash [LISTEN]
- Yunetta Spring: Best Ways To Support and De-escalate a Mental Health Crisis [LISTEN]
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Gabrielle Union Responds to Backlash About Splitting Bills [WATCH]
Celebrities Who Were Accused of Sexual Assault at The Playboy Mansion and Events
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022