According to NBC4i, a man sentenced to prison in 1998 for murder has been released after two people recanted their testimony that he was the shooter.
Marvell Dixon was convicted of aggravated murder and felonious assault in 1998 for the killing of Douglas Harvey and for shooting Ervin Nixon. Court records state Harvey and Nixon were the victims of a drive-by shooting at Ohio and Livingston avenues in Columbus on July 19, 1995.
Dixon was originally convicted in the case and sentenced to 20 years to life, Franklin County Prosecutor Gary Tyack said in a news release.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Hot Spot: Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Alleged Sexual Assault By TV Judge [LISTEN]
- Trina’s New Sugar Popped Collection Will Have You Serving Main Character Energy
- Everyone Is Talking About ‘Swarm’
- Fox News Host Whitesplains Why Conservatives Can’t Define ‘Woke,’ Says It’s Just A ‘Feeling’
- Justice For Randy Cox: Police Chief Finally Recommends Firing Officers Who Paralyzed Black Man
- Gary’s Tea: T.J. Holmes & Amy Robach Struggle to Return to Air [LISTEN]
- Ciara Stepped Out In A Black Grace Ling Ensemble
- Hoax shooter calls made to two central Ohio schools
- Franklin County proposes program to curb teen car thefts
- Angela Simmons Poses With Her Boo, Yo Gotti, In Stylish Givenchy Boots
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
Autopsy released for baby who died after Ohio Amber Alert
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’
Urban One Columbus and Columbus Urban League Job and Recruitment Fair
Can We Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM