According to NBC4i, former members of a Columbus church are going public with allegations of exploitation and emotional abuse, in the name of religion.
People who belonged for years to Xenos Christian Fellowship, now called Dwell Community Church, told NBC4 Investigates that the church continues to recruit new, young members, and they want parents to know what’s going on.
The members take issue with what they describe as a hierarchy that can cause shame, anxiety, and sometimes dangerous living conditions.
“That’s what’s sad for me, is to see Christians – other Christians in the community get absolutely hurt by what Xenos is doing, because they’re making people so hurt, so upset,” said Mark Kennedy, a vocal critic and former member of the church. “It’s really tragic.”
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Prays With Jan. 6 Convict In Prop Jail Cell At Texas CPAC. No, I’m Not Making This Up
- New Study Reveals Black Women Are Struggling Financially In Today’s Economy
- Group Of Women Called ’Studs Of America’ Create A Tribute To Brittney Griner In Viral Video
- Tried IT: SHHY Beauty Added Softness And Definition To My Curls
- Finally, A Podcast For The Rap GIRLS! Meet Sesali Bowen The Host Of The ‘Purse First’ Podcast
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Curves In An All-Black Look From The Blonds
- Tracee Ellis Ross Posed For Instagram In A Fashionable Look From The Row
- HUD Unveils Wealth Building Initiative For Low-Income Families
- Phaedra Parks Is Stunning In An All-Black Versace Gown
- Nicki Minaj Stepped Out In Toronto In A Pink Wig For OVO Fest