According to NBC4i, former members of a Columbus church are going public with allegations of exploitation and emotional abuse, in the name of religion.
People who belonged for years to Xenos Christian Fellowship, now called Dwell Community Church, told NBC4 Investigates that the church continues to recruit new, young members, and they want parents to know what’s going on.
The members take issue with what they describe as a hierarchy that can cause shame, anxiety, and sometimes dangerous living conditions.
“That’s what’s sad for me, is to see Christians – other Christians in the community get absolutely hurt by what Xenos is doing, because they’re making people so hurt, so upset,” said Mark Kennedy, a vocal critic and former member of the church. “It’s really tragic.”
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Viola Davis Is Officially An EGOT Winner After Recent Grammy Win
- Lizzo ‘Hard Launches’ Her Boyfriend On Instagram After Pre-Grammys Party
- JT Is ‘Grown & Sexy’ In Latest Instagram Photos
- Halle Bailey Shuts Down Instagram In A Giannia Azar Dress
- Yung Miami Steps Out In Style For Her Early Birthday Celebration
- Gabrielle Union Keeps It Sleek In A Blazer And Jeans For Latest Ensemble
- Chloe Bailey Is Stunning In a Alexandre Vauthier One Shoulder Gown
- Ground breaks at Zora’s House’s new community space
- Win Tickets to See Jon B
- Win a Special Prize from Chuck D to Celebrate 50 Years of Hip Hop