According to NBC4i, a Republican state senator in Ohio wants to ramp up gun restrictions, diverging from the GOP supermajority that has rallied around legislation expanding firearm access in the state.
Sen. Matt Dolan (R-Chagrin Falls), a moderate Republican who launched an unsuccessful bid for governor this year, proposed a five-point “commonsense” [sic] plan Thursday to curb gun violence — including giving courts the power to seize guns from those deemed dangerous and making it harder for those between the ages of 18 and 21 to buy a firearm, his office said in a news release.
“We must change the conversation on public safety in Ohio. Citizens are dying here and across our country, and far too many families are enduring unimaginable pain,” Dolan said in the release.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- One shot after argument in north Columbus
- Trick or Treat Times for the Columbus Metro Area
- Ohio man facing charges after 125 mph chase
- Vice President Harris Is Right To Highlight The Importance Of Equity In Disaster Relief
- Ime Udoka Reportedly Used “Crude Language” With Female Staffer Before Intimate Relationship Began
- Biden’s Historic Judicial Nominations Bring Black Girl Magic To The Federal Bench
- Yung Miami Gets Us Ready For The Weekend In Latest IG Post
- Lizzo Models New Yitty Leggings In Latest Instagram Post
- Serena Williams Styles Her Daughter’s Natural Hair While Reading Her New Book, “The Adventures Of Qai Qai”
- Biden Administration Changes Eligibility Requirements For Student Loan Debt Relief Plan