According to NBC4i, the requirements for teachers and staff members to carry weapons on school grounds have been set.
Gov. Mike DeWine announced Monday that the Ohio School Safety Center has finished setting the training requirements. Known as the Armed School Staff Essential Training (ASSET) Curriculum, it was developed to meet requirements set forth by House Bill 99, which gives Ohio school boards and governing bodies the option to arm staff members.
“For districts that choose to arm a school staff member, this training will ensure that those individuals are thoroughly prepared to respond to emergencies specific to a school environment,” DeWine said in a news release.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Inmate Who Stabbed Derek Chauvin Was Inspired By Black Lives Matter Movement: Report
- Recession Forthcoming? President Joe Biden Joins the Rickey Smiley Morning Show [LISTEN]
- Malik Smiley Graduates from Alabama State University [LISTEN]
- Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio
- ‘Rosa Parks Day’: CBC Urges Congress To Adopt Federal Holiday In Honor Of Civil Rights Icon
- Ex-Louisiana Cop Gets Light Sentence For Tasing, Beating And Pistol-Whipping ‘Nonviolent’ Black Man
- Diabetes Awareness Month: How To Travel Smart With Type 1 Diabetes
- FBI Agent Was A Carjacking Victim In Washington, D.C., Highlighting Rising Crime Trend
- Texas Man Angry At ‘BLM Antifa’ Sentenced For Threatening Georgia Officials Online Over 2020 Election
- Da Brat And Judy Navigate Motherhood In This ‘Brat Loves Judy: The Baby Special’ Exclusive Clip
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Angel Reese Speaks Out Amid Rumor She Was Suspended For Poor Grades, Social Media Chimes In
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
Beavercreek Walmart Shooting: Four Injured, One Dead
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Two Crazy Grandma's Fight While Daughter Gives Birth
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022