According to NBC4i, Ohio lawmakers are mounting another effort to pass a bill that would shift which government agency oversees the state’s medical marijuana program and widen who is eligible for a card.
Sens. Steve Huffman (R-Tipp City) and Kirk Schuring (R-Canton) introduced Senate Bill 9 in the General Government committee Tuesday. The proposed legislation would form a Division of Marijuana Control within the Ohio Department of Commerce, taking most medical marijuana oversight away from the Ohio Board of Pharmacy.
A larger number of Ohioans would become eligible for marijuana treatment under the bill, too.
RELATED STORY: How to Get a Marijuana Card in Ohio
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Tom Joyner’s Flashback: On This Day Featuring Gordon Parks
- Angela Simmons Shares Adorable Photo Dump Of Her And Boyfriend Yo Gotti After Of The Grammys
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: James McCune Smith
- 101-Year-Old Former Montford Point Marine Receives Congressional Gold Medal
- Suspected White Supremacists Arrested For Alleged ‘Racially Motivated’ Plot To Attack Baltimore’s Power Grid, FBI Says
- Rickey Smiley Thanks Those Who Attended Brandon Smiley’s ‘Standing Ovation’ Memorial [WATCH]
- The 5 Blackest Grammy Awards Moments
- Gary’s Tea: Beyoncé Breaks Record For Most GRAMMY Wins In History [WATCH]
- Jonathan Majors Oozes Sexy On The Cover Of Ebony Magazine
- Should The Monday After Super Bowl Be A National Holiday? [WATCH]