Sad news to share for fans of “Law & Order” star Richard Belzer. Reports are in that the 78-year-old actor and comedian has passed away early Sunday (Feb 19) at his home in southwest France. Belzer was battling several health issues, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
A veteran of the comedic stage, Belzer branched off into acting, appearing on Saturday Night Live during its early years and made his big screen debut in the 1974 film The Groove Tube.
But it was his role as the smart-mouthed but well-meaning Detective John Munch on Law & Order than made him a fan favorite around the world. Shortly after news of his passing landed online, his peers took to social media to remember their time with Belzer.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Latto Is Stunning In Rick Owens At 2023 iHeart Radio Awards
- Vote for Joy to Win a Stellar Award for Station of the Year
- Small Doses: Kandi Burruss Talks Side Effects Of Girl Group Dynamics
- Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
- Gabi Fresh Swim x ELOQUII’s Collaboration Will Bring Out Your Inner Baddie
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Keke Palmer Shares Life Story In Her New Amazon Music Short Film ‘Big Boss’
- Lizzo Is A Stylish Beach Babe In Her Latest Instagram Pic
- Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
- Hot Spot (UPDATE): Judge Joe Brown Denies Sexual Assault Claims [LISTEN]
‘Law & Order’ Star Richard Belzer Passes Away at 78 was originally published on theboxhouston.com
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’