“Although the vast majority of Americans say they want to get married, fewer are actually getting (and staying) married,” says Susan Brown, co-director at NCFMR. “Indeed, more than 10 percent of baby boomers have never married, and at this point, it is unlikely that they ever will.” This trend, says Brown, is one we can expect to see continue with younger generations, too.
Interestingly enough, if you go back even further in time, the marriage rate in 1920 was three times as high as it is today, indicating that more and more women see marriage as just one of an array of options now-even if they want to have children.
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- THE WOMEN OF BREEZY’S PLACE!!
- WEEZY WEDNESDAY : WHERE WILL HIP HOP GO WHEN HE RETIRES?
- Nia Noelle At Raising Cane’s in Pickerington
- EXCLUSIVE: Joseline Admits Stevie J Is Her Pimp
- What Happened When Creflo Dollar Met MC T-Bagg? [VIDEO]
Women Are Waiting Longer Than Ever to Marry—If at All was originally published on wzakcleveland.com