As much as we love Toni Braxton, we have to admit that her latest comments about her divorce being “very Caucasian” was downright ridiculous, silly and irresponsible. Toni revealed divorce details to Frankel (the same woman who Omarosa blasted for being a “mediocre” White woman) saying that they were “very Caucasian, very White about” how they handled their broken marriage.
Bethenny questioned what exactly Toni meant by “White about it” and Toni implied that Blacks do not have civil divorces. “That means like ‘I hate you Jodi, I hate you Jodi,” referencing the famous line from the John Singleton film “Baby Boy.”
“I have a very Black divorce,” Bethenny chimed in. This isn’t the first time Toni Braxton has made inappropriate comments about the Black race (her race) before. There was the time she told Chelsea Handler, another White host, that White and Black people’s skin feel different. “The skin feels different, that’s kind of nice. It smells different… Is that in my head? I can’t explain it.”
What do you think? Was Toni being racist?
MUST READ: Toni Braxton’s Top 15 Songs
Toni Braxton's Top 15 Songs
1. Toni Braxton & Babyface- "Hurt You"Source: 1 of 9
2. Toni Braxton- "How Could An Angel Break My Heart"Source: 2 of 9
3. Toni Braxton- "He Wasn't Man Enough For Me"Source: 3 of 9
4. Toni Braxton- "How Many Ways"Source: 4 of 9
5. Toni Braxton- "Seven Whole Days"Source: 5 of 9
6. Toni Braxton- "I Love Me Some Him"Source: 6 of 9
7. Toni Braxton- "You're Making Me High"Source: 7 of 9
8. Toni Braxton- "Another Sad Love Song"Source: 8 of 9
Toni Braxton Tells Bethenny About Her Divorce: We Were ‘Very White About It’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com