Winning the National Championship has its perks and they just keep rolling in. According to Fox 28, The Cincinnati Reds will host members of the 2014 National Champion Ohio State Buckeye football team and head coach Urban Meyer on opening night, April 8, when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park in downtown Cincinnati.
The Buckeyes will take part in a number of activities throughout the evening, including:
– Accepting the first of its kind “Reds Country Athletic Achievement Award” during pregame ceremonies;
– Members of the team, coaches and administrators will hold a giant American flag during the singing of our National Anthem;
– Head Coach Urban Meyer and members of the team will offer up simultaneous ceremonial first pitches;
– Members of the team and coaching staff will walk the “Reds Carpet” in the Fan Zone during the 1st inning of the game at Great American Ball Park;
– The 2014 National Championship trophy will be on display in the Fan Zone throughout the game and Brutus Buckeye will participate at the ballpark that evening.
The Reds will donate $1 of every regular adult ticket purchased between April 1 and April 7 to the Urban and Shelley Meyer Fund for Cancer Research. Shortly after the scheduled Ohio State pregame on-field activities, the Reds will present Urban & Shelley Meyer with an oversized check for the donation’s amount. For tickets visit reds.com/Openingnight.