The organization and tech company look to inspire and develop the next generation of STEM professionals.
Black Girls CODE has teamed up with Lyft to inspire more women of color to want to enter the tech world.
Black Girls CODE specifically focuses on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in regards to black girls. Their mission statement is to have over 1 million girls become coding professionals by 2040.
“Our partnership with Black Girls CODE represents our long-term commitment to inclusivity with an organization who for years has done the important work of affirming and empowering young girls of color with a passion for innovation in technology,” Tariq Meyers, Head of Diversity & Inclusion at Lyft, said in a statement.
Why not Uber, Lyft’s competitor when it comes to the tech/transportation industry? Black Girls CODE reportedly refused to accept a $125,000 grant from Uber due to its sexual harassment and diversity issues.
2017 SAG Awards: Black Girl Magic Was In Full Force On The Red Carpet
1. Octavia Spencer was all smiles in her classic black ensemble.1 of 9
2. Can Kerry Washington be any more stunning?2 of 9
3. Taraji P. Henson was the star of the show.3 of 9
4. Janelle Monae ditched her usual black and white suit for glam.4 of 9
5. Tracee Ellis Ross kept it simple and elegant.5 of 9
6. Viola Davis showed off her toned arms in this gorgeous number.6 of 9
7. OITNB stars Samira Wiley and Jackie Cruz glowed while walking the carpet.7 of 9
8. Denzel and Pauletta Washington brought black love to the SAGs.8 of 9
9. Danielle Brooks had one of the best looks of the night.9 of 9
Source: NewsOne Now