Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds has written over twenty-six number one R&B hits so far throughout his career and we don’t think he’s done yet! Babyface got his name from funk king Bootsy Collins in the late 70s while playing for him because of his youthful look. Early on in his career Babyface join the groups After 7, Manchild and The Deele. But his gig with The Deele would be a pivotal point in his career because that’s where he met Antonio “L.A.” Reid. Babyface and Reid both remained with the Deele until 1988 moving on to forge a partnership that would produce many hits for R&B lovers.
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox:
In 1989 the duo started LaFace Records and soon became a powerhouse in the R&B world launching the careers of many greats such as Jon B, Usher and Toni Braxton. Babyface writing and producing catalog is full of hits such as ‘I’m Your Baby Tonight’ by Whitney Houston, ‘Let it Burn’ by Usher, ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ by Bobby Brown ‘I’ll Make Love to You’ by Boyz II Men, ‘Sittin Up in My Room’ by Brandy, ‘You’re Making Me Hight’ by Toni Braxton, ‘Can We Talk’ by Tevin Campbell and many songs of the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack including ‘Exhale Shoop Shoop’ By Whitney Houston to name a few.
In addition to writing and producing for others Babyface has and some hits of his own including ‘Whip Appeal’, ‘It’s No Crime’ and ‘Someone To Love’. Babyface has won over 10 Grammys and his been nominated dozens of times for his work. In 2013 Babyface received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Babyface continues to write and produce music for others and releasing music of his own to this date.
- Wine Down Wednesdays With Special Guest Nwaka Onwusa Hosted Nia Noelle
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- Enter To Win: Which HBCU Are You? Quiz + Contest
- Magic Celebrates Black Music Month
- Did Mariah Carey Reignite Eminem Beef With Her “Obsessed” Anniversary Tribute?
- La La Files For Divorce From Carmelo Anthony
- Police Riot Team Resigns After Fellow Officer Indicted For Alleged Assault During Protest
- Candace Owens Cries White Supremacist Tears As Juneteenth Becomes National Holiday
- R. Kelly’s Former House Of Horror In ATL Sells For Almost $2 Million
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas That Also Support Black Business
- Protected: ‘Godfather Of Harlem’ Star Ilfenesh Hadera Dishes On Her Sartorial Screen Style
- Protected: The Category Is… ‘Pose’ Costume Designer Analucia McGorty On The Importance Of Ballroom Fashion
- Protected: Behind The Fabulous Fashion In ‘Genius: Aretha’ With Costume Director Jennifer L. Bryan
- Sheila Jackson Lee Shares The Importance Of Juneteenth Becoming A Federal Holiday [WATCH]