Jeffrey Whitman the Columbus business owner that went viral after being caught on video calling Charles Lovett, a black man, the N-word. Whitman is the owner of riah’s Heating, Cooling Refrigeration and became upset with Lovett after encountering each other in traffic and followed Lovett home to “express” himself in a very racist way.
Whitman probably thought that there would be no repercussions for calling Lovett the N-word from his company van but we all know in this day and age of social media it doesn’t happen that way. In a matter of a week, Whitman is saying that he’s done and will “never work in Columbus again.” In an interview with the Columbus Dispatch Whitman stated, “It was an awful mistake and obviously I don’t know how to explain it, and it’s ruined my life and it’s ruined my family’s life,”
NBC4 also interviewed Whtiman and asked if he regretted what he said, Whitman responded with, “I don’t know if it makes it right or wrong all I can say is I grew up with it and not a big deal for me,” Whitman also claims that his family has been harassed and targeted because of his actions.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Pastor Dr. Charles E. Booth of Mt. Olivet Baptist Church Passes Away
- South High Boys Basketball team falls short in Division II State Final
- Harvest Prep Wins 1st Division III State Title [VIDEO]
- Columbus Police Recover Body from Scioto River
- Governor DeWine Proposes to Raise Smoking Age
- Barbra Streisand Facing Backlash For Michael Jackson Accusers Comments
- Jordan Peele Has Another Record-Breaking Hit with ‘Us’ at the Box Office
- Buckeyes survive to move on to Round 2 of NCAA Tournament
- Marion Hot Dog Stand Owner Arrested For Drug Trafficking
- Man arrested for shooting two passengers in car on I-670