Jeffrey Whitman the Columbus business owner that went viral after being caught on video calling Charles Lovett, a black man, the N-word. Whitman is the owner of riah’s Heating, Cooling Refrigeration and became upset with Lovett after encountering each other in traffic and followed Lovett home to “express” himself in a very racist way.
Whitman probably thought that there would be no repercussions for calling Lovett the N-word from his company van but we all know in this day and age of social media it doesn’t happen that way. In a matter of a week, Whitman is saying that he’s done and will “never work in Columbus again.” In an interview with the Columbus Dispatch Whitman stated, “It was an awful mistake and obviously I don’t know how to explain it, and it’s ruined my life and it’s ruined my family’s life,”
NBC4 also interviewed Whtiman and asked if he regretted what he said, Whitman responded with, “I don’t know if it makes it right or wrong all I can say is I grew up with it and not a big deal for me,” Whitman also claims that his family has been harassed and targeted because of his actions.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Reacts To Republicans Filling Articles of Impeachment
- KeKe Palmer Looks Anything But Basic On the Cover Of Basic Magazine’s Anniversary Issue
- Gary’s Tea: Kevin Hart Gets Dragged For “Hoe Activity” Joke About His Daughter [WATCH]
- ICYMI: Toni Braxton Went From Black To Platinum And Issa LEWK
- Dr. Collier Shares Coronavirus Updates And Precautions Post Thanksgiving [WATCH]
- Laverne Cox’s Transphobic Attack And The Constant Threat Of Violence For Black Trans Women
- Giving Tuesday: 21 Black Organizations That Can Use Your Support
- Giving Tuesday: Contrary To Popular Belief, Black Folks Have Been Philanthropists ‘Since The Beginning Of Time’
- Reginae Carter Threw A Massive Fete For Her 22nd Birthday
- Nigerian-Born Adewale ‘Wally’ Adeyemo Set To Be Deputy Treasury Secretary In Historic Appointment