Herman Cain, the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza who at one point was the front-runner in the 2012 Republican primary, has died. He was 74.
The news was confirmed by his official website.
Cain, who had previously battled and survived stage 4 colon cancer, had contracted COVID-19 following a rally for Donald Trump in Tulsa, Oklahoma in June. He had been hospitalized in Atlanta since July 1. Aides close to him were hopeful for recovery according to his official website but he never advanced towards the next phase in recovery.
His Twitter account and social media updates vaguely mentioned his battle with COVID and instead pivoted towards skepticism towards the virus and the nation’s handling of it.
A graduate of Morehouse College with a degree in mathematics, Cain rose quickly in conservative ranks after he took on Bill Clinton in a televised chat about small business when he was the president-elect of the National Restaurant Association.
In 2011, he announced he was running for President after a failed run in 2000. Touting a 9-9-9 economic plan, he won numerous straw polls and was seen at the time as a potential nominee. However, scandal rocked his campaign as numerous women came forth to accuse Cain of sexual harassment. He suspended his campaign in December 2011 and later became a columnist and frequent guest on conservative outlets such as FoxNews and NewsMax.
He was briefly touted as a pick to join the board of the Federal Reserve in the early days of the Trump administration but declined to join.
Cain leaves behind his wife Gloria, his son Vincent, daughter Melaine and numerous grandchildren.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Inmate Who Stabbed Derek Chauvin Was Inspired By Black Lives Matter Movement: Report
- Recession Forthcoming? President Joe Biden Joins the Rickey Smiley Morning Show [LISTEN]
- Malik Smiley Graduates from Alabama State University [LISTEN]
- Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio
- ‘Rosa Parks Day’: CBC Urges Congress To Adopt Federal Holiday In Honor Of Civil Rights Icon
- Ex-Louisiana Cop Gets Light Sentence For Tasing, Beating And Pistol-Whipping ‘Nonviolent’ Black Man
- Diabetes Awareness Month: How To Travel Smart With Type 1 Diabetes
- FBI Agent Was A Carjacking Victim In Washington, D.C., Highlighting Rising Crime Trend
- Texas Man Angry At ‘BLM Antifa’ Sentenced For Threatening Georgia Officials Online Over 2020 Election
- Da Brat And Judy Navigate Motherhood In This ‘Brat Loves Judy: The Baby Special’ Exclusive Clip
Herman Cain, Former Presidential Candidate, Dies Of COVID-19 Complications At 74 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Angel Reese Speaks Out Amid Rumor She Was Suspended For Poor Grades, Social Media Chimes In
Beavercreek Walmart Shooting: Four Injured, One Dead
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Two Crazy Grandma's Fight While Daughter Gives Birth
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022