Miya Ponsetto, the 22-year-old woman who attacked the black teenager in a New York hotel lobby, sat down with Gayle King just before being arrested. In the interview, Ponsetto apologizes and admitted she could have handled the situation differently, but the tone quickly changes making excuses for her behavior.
Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son — attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologized. Can we move on?
Ponsetto went on to accuse the father of the teen, Grammy-winning jazz musician Keyon Harrold, of physically attacking her. “But at the end of the day, the dad did end up slamming me to the ground and pulling my hair and throwing me and dragging me across the ground.” Ponsetto also rudely interrupted King as she asked questions throwing her hand up saying, “Alright, Gayle, enough.”
Ponsetto was arrested Thursday, January 7th in California when she was pulled over for a traffic stop. Part two of this interview with air on CBS Mornings on January 11th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The HistoryMakers Celebrates 20 years Of African American Leadership
- Gov. DeWine Orders Curfew to Stay in Affect Pass Jan 23rd
- GG Townson Explains The Pressure Of Playing In The Salt-N-Pepa Biopic [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Front Page News: Here’s What Joe And Kamala Are Doing On Their First Day In Office [WATCH]
- Read The Letter Kwame Kilpatrick Sent Trump Pleading For A Commutation: ‘I Applaud Your Boldness’
- Get It Right, Get It Tight: Tiffany Haddish Shows Off Her 30-Day Body Transformation
- Kamala Harris Delivers First Speech As Madam Vice President
- Cincinnati: The Plan For CPS Students To Return To School Week Of Feb 1st
- Joe Exotic Says He Was “Too Gay” To Receive Trump Pardon
- Gun Shops in Columbus Reporting Shortages as Sales Continue to Increase!
- Viral: A Thread Of Our Favorite Bernie Sanders Memes From The Inauguration