According to NBC4i, Ohio’s Secretary of State has resubmitted a proposal to legalize recreational marijuana.
After a legal skirmish struck the initiated statute from last year’s ballot, Secretary of State Frank LaRose reintroduced an act to legalize, tax and regulate the adult use of cannabis, according to a copy of LaRose’s letter Tuesday to the General Assembly. If the Republican Statehouse supermajority fails to adopt the measure within four months, the question could come before Ohio voters in November 2023.
The 34-page act would legalize the possession, purchase, and sale of marijuana by Ohioans ages 21 and older, while implementing a 10% tax on the sale of all cannabis products. If enacted, Ohio would join 21 other states to allow the drug’s recreational use, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- 2024 St. Jude Radiothon, Help a Child in Need – DONATE NOW
- Diddy Sued For Sexual Assault By Male Producer, Claims He’s A Cancel Culture VIctim
- Congratulations! Gabourey Sidibe Is Expecting Twins
- Video Shows Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears Misgender Trans Senator As ‘Sir,’ Offers Non-Apology
- LAPD Reveals How They Busted Multimillion-Dollar Sneaker Theft Ring
- Princess Love Files for Divorce from Ray J for The Fourth Time: Our Paths Have Diverged
- Wyclef Jean To Perform At Nassau Paradise Island Wine & Food Festival
- Fans Got It Bad: Usher Adds Multiple European Dates To His ‘Past Present Future’ 2025 Global Tour
- Brooklyn Man Shot & Killed Over A Black & Mild Cigar
- Donald Trump Jr. Claims ‘African American Men’ Regularly Come Up To Him And Say He’s Their ‘Hero’
Cleveland Rapper, Auntie Piggy is recovering from being shot multiple times
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Columbus Nightclub Temporarily Closed Following Double Homicide
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Urban One Columbus Presents: 2024 Cutest Couple Contest
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
Jennifer Hudson Has 26 Siblings!!
Win A Trip to Miami's "Jazz in the Gardens"!