Today is the first Monday in May, better known as Met Gala Monday! The Met Gala brings together your favorite celebs and influential people in the industry to raise money for the Costume Institute. If you love fashion, it’s great to see all the style and creativity that goes down the red carpet that mirrors a red carpet. We love seeing all the Black women in attendance for this annual event. While they are serving lewks, we always love seeing their hair! Check out our favorite hairstyles from over the years.
Check Out The Best In Met Gala Hair Donned By Black Women Over The Years was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
1. Lupita Nyong’o Met Gala 2016Source:Getty
Her hairstylist Vernon Francois turned the Black Panther star into the main attraction at the 2016 Met Gala. This sky high hair that she donned paid homage to the sculptured hair from the Motherland.
2. Lupita Nyong’o Met Gala 2016Source:Getty
3. Zendaya Met Gala 2018Source:Getty
Zendaya has only been attending thet Met Gala for a few years but she proves to be a style chameleon with her hairstyles.
4. Zendaya Met Gala 2018Source:Getty
Joan of Arc? No, it’s Zenday of the Met Gala.
5. Janelle Monae Met Gala 2017Source:Getty
Hair accessories are on trend and Janelle Monae is a great choice for some hair-spiration.
6. Janelle Monae Met Gala 2017Source:Getty
We love this black and white look.
7. Iman Met Gala 1999Source:Getty
Iman has attended the Met Gala since the 90s. We love when she donned this red weave.
8. Iman Met Gala 1999Source:Getty
9. Solange Met Gala 2018Source:Getty
Solange can take a du-rag and make it fashion.
10. Solange Met Gala 2018Source:Getty
11. Kerry Washington Met Gala 2018Source:Getty
Kerry Washington brought us big hair for last years gala and we are so here for it!
12. Kerry Washington Met Gala 2018Source:Getty
13. Chanel Iman Met Gala 2013Source:Getty
Chanel Iman rocks some side braids on the red carpet at the 2013 Met Gala.
14. Chanel Iman Met Gala 2013Source:Getty
Looking solid in stripes!
15. Naomi Campbell Met Gala 2017Source:Getty
Naomi Campbell normally gives us long locks, but this short bob is gave her such an elegant look.
16. Naomi Campbell Met Gala 2017Source:Getty
Naomi Campbell puts the super in supermodel. Yes, that’s corny but you know we are right.
17. Zendaya Met Gala 2017Source:Getty
Big hair don’t care.
18. Zendaya Met Gala 2017Source:Getty
19. Janet Jackson Met Gala 2008Source:Getty
Janet Jackson opted for a sleek ponytail at the 2008 Met Gala to show off her high cheekbones and beautiful face.
20. Janet Jackson Met Gala 2008Source:Getty
She attended with Jermaine Dupri.
21. Chanel Iman Met Gala 2014Source:Getty
Chanel Iman gave us an old Hollywoodglam hairstyle for the 2014 Met Gala but added modern day appeal with some hair bling.
22. Chanel Iman Met Gala 2014Source:Getty
Her and A$AP Rocky looked so good together!
23. Solange Met Gala 2013Source:Getty
Solange with an afro is always a good idea.