TheColumbus Police Department has released the body cam video of an incident involving several officers on the south side of Columbus on June 7th, 2019 that resulted in a physical altercation.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
CPD was responding to calls of shots fired in the area of Heyl Avenue. The video shows several officers trying to back up onlookers from an area of interest when a woman holding two babies runs into the vicinity they are being told to stay away from. Then a man, named Jonathan Robinson, approaches one of the officers and exchanges words. In the video, you can hear the officer telling Robinson to back up and Robinson responds loudly several times saying “Or What!?”.
Officer Johnson, that was also on duty holding a shotgun, then approaches Robinson and the unidentified officer and attempts to move Robinson back. The video then shows Robinson pushing Officer Johnson’s hand off of him. Officer Johnson responds with a punch to Robinson’s face and the onlookers become agitated. The officers de-sclate the scene and Robinson is placed under arrest.
The video released by The Columbus Police Department is 49 minutes long and shows the incident from five different police body cams.
According to WBNS, “Robinson admitted adrenaline got the best of him but also felt the officer could have handled it better”. Robinson was charged with obstruction of official business and disorderly conduct. A full investigation of the incident is being conducted.
It is inconclusive if officers found evidence of shots fired.
- Gloria Vanderbilt, Mother of Anderson Cooper, Dead At 95
- Does Breezy Have another Kid on the Way?
- Tiffany Haddish Cancels Atlanta Show!
- Tom Joyner Old School Dance Contest
- Love And R&B’s #OHSOREALScenario
- Lauren London Pays Tribute To Nipsey Hussle On Father’s Day [PHOTO]
- Summer Mini Concert Series: Eddie Levert &The O’Jays
- Gone Too Soon: 11 Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Police Investigating Suspicious Death in Linden
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children