Beatty, a Democrat whose districts include parts of Columbus, shared photos on her Twitter page of her being handcuffed by Capitol Police, with the post that read, “Let the people vote. Fight for justice.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Beatty and others marched to Hart Senate Office Building calling for an end to voting restriction laws being passed in states around the nation. Capitol Police confirmed the arrest, saying in a social media post, “After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop.
Hours later Rep. Beatty released a statement via her Twitter account about her protest.
- Watch Cedric The Entertainer, LL Cool J & TV’s Top Stars Perform Biz Markie Hit At Emmys
- Jeannie Mai & Jeezy Expecting Their First Child Together
- Comedian Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Best Known For ‘Friday’ & ‘I Got The Hook Up,’ Reportedly Passes Away
- Michaela Coel’s History-Making Emmys Speech Won The Night: ‘I Dedicate This Story To Every Single Survivor Of Sexual Assault’
- Issa Rae Wore $3 Eye Shadow To The 2021 Emmys And We’ve Never Related To Her More
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Draya Michele Shares Her Breakfast Routine And Now We Know How She Keeps Her Waist So Snatched
- Niecy Nash’s Hollywood Glam Look Is What The Emmys Red Carpet Needed
- Mississippi Governor Deflects From Having 2nd Highest COVID-19 Death Rate In The World
- Jordyn Woods Steps Out In A Barely-There Crystal Chain Dress And Sets The Internet Ablaze