Magic 95.5 Featured Video
CLOSE
CORRECTION Killings B_McKe (1).jpg
CORRECTS DAY/DATE TAKEN TO TUESDAY, NOV. 24, INSTEAD OF WEDNESDAY, NOV. 25 – Protesters march during a demonstration for 17-year-old Laquan McDonald, Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015, in Chicago. Chicago police Officer Jason Van Dyke, who shot McDonald 16 times last year, was charged with first-degree murder Tuesday, hours before the city released a video of the killing. (AP Photo/Paul Beaty)
via Fox 28 Columbus

Small groups of demonstrators gathered again Wednesday to protest the death of a black teen shot by a white police officer, and they urged supporters to join them in trying to shut down Chicago’s famous Michigan Avenue shopping district during the Black Friday shopping bonanza.

About two dozen protesters gathered outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office a day after authorities released a graphic squad-car video showing the officer firing an entire magazine into 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. Jason Van Dyke was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder.

The group held banners showing photos of other black people fatally shot by police in Chicago and elsewhere. Several protesters said they were parents of black men killed by Chicago officers.

“You cannot kill our children and expect us to be quiet any longer,” protester Quovadis Green said. “It is unacceptable.”

Activist Mark Carter called on people to “rise up” and shut down the Magnificent Mile shopping area on Friday. Protesters also planned to target the Board of Trade and other landmarks in the coming days, he said.

Carter and others want the Department of Justice to investigate the Chicago Police Department and its history of covering up bad behavior.

The Urban League of Chicago joined in the call for a federal investigation, alleging a pattern of “discriminatory harassment” against black people.

More on this story and video here: