There was an attempted suicide at Westerville High School Thursday morning and many students witnessed the horrific event. According to Fox28.com, Westerville School officials are reaching out to families in the district, letting them know what students witnessed and that help is available.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to the school district, a 17-year-old attempted to take his own life in the commons area, and many students witnessed it. The student did survive and was rushed to the hospital. No word on the student’s condition. A crisis response team from the district immediately responded to Westerville Central High School to help any students or staff.
If you’re having any thoughts of suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- Win Tickets to see Simone Biles on the Gold Over America
- Enter To Win: Which HBCU Are You? Quiz + Contest
- Magic Celebrates Black Music Month
- Wine Down Wednesdays With Special Guest Jae Esquire Hosted Nia Noelle
- Water Rescue for Missing Swimmer Underway in Grove City
- Where to take Pops for Fathers Day?
- Tracee Ellis Ross Is Officially Our Summer Body Goals
- Telfar Taps ‘The Real Housewives Of Potomac’ To Model New UGG Collaboration
- Critical Race Theory Used To Attack Black Arizona School Board Member
- Federal Judge Pauses Historic Funding For Black Farmers Because White Farmers Think It’s Racist
- Amid Calls To Defund Police, Law Enforcement Grapples With Low Recruitment Rates After George Floyd’s Death
- Meek Mill Helped Inspire Virginia’s Governor To Sign A New Probation Reform Bill
- Kim Kardashian Admits Kanye West’s “Moves From State To State” Led To Divorce